Owner / Head Trainer
Alex has been involved and interested in fitness and sport his whole life. His first passion in sport was with wrestling as he began training and competing at a young age, leading him into his success as a varsity athlete. After graduating the Kinesiology program at Lakehead University in 2005, Alex took up BJJ and MMA and continued to workout. He got introduced to CrossFit and immediately fell in love with the concept and the challenge. Alex continues to train and coach Jiu Jitsu, MMA and CrossFit and still loves to compete.
Alex may be best known for his top finish in the 7min AMRAP of Burpees in the 2011 CrossFit Open finishing first in Canada and 15th in the world.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Kettlebell Instructor
- CrossFit Strongman Certified
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility Certified
- CrossFit Level 2 Coaches Prep Course
- Ontario Weightlifting Association Certified Coach
- Kinesiologist (Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology)
- Jiu Jitsu Instructor – Brown Belt
- Professional MMA Fighter
- National Level Wrestler (1995-2005)
- CrossFit Canada East Regional Competitor (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- CPR and First Aid Certified